Monday 22 December 2008

Something Of An Achievement

A bit unusual for a Monday but with no dog training to get home for, I cycle into work. Don't know what's up with the weather; it was positively warm today. A joy to be on the bike because there were a lot less cars on the road trying to knock me off. The only hold up was when I came across a van, nicely parked on its side just outside Asda.

It's in the news about an elderly woman who got stuck up to her knees in mud whilst out walking her dogs along the banks of the River Severn near Tewkesbury and it was the next day before someone found her and called for help. She was very lucky the weather wasn't as cold as it was last week. I suggest she gets herself a couple of collies because her dogs obviously didn't pull like ours do. Doggo and MD would have soon pulled her free.

I bike home, then take L and the dogs for a run around the university. Then back home to make my usual Christmas stilton and port pate. We have a lot of guests due this Christmas, so I quadruple the quantities. I even keep off the port whilst I'm making it, which is something of an achievement. It's an AF evening, the last for a while me thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment