Wednesday 31 December 2008

Favourite Films Of 2008

Second part of my review of the year, my favourite ten films of the year.

10. Juno



I will probably get stick for including this but it had its moments. Lightweight but still entertaining.

Read My Review

9. Somers Town



A pleasant thought provoking tale from Shane Meadows. Not one of his best but still very watchable.

Read My Review

8. Persepolis



Always interesting and often darkly humorous. A cracking 'cartoon'.

Read My Review

7. Son Of Rambow



In here for the insinuation that you can light a cigarette by connecting yourself to the mains electricity but for other reasons too. 'Skill on toast' as they said in them days.

Read My Review

6. Elegy



Old man pulls young student and photographs her chest. So a cracking plot... and there's more to it than that.

Read My Review

5. Burn After Reading



OMG, a Coen's film not at number one. Not their best but the Coen's are still coming up with something different.

Read My Review

4. In Search Of A Midnight Kiss



A cheap fun film with lots of rough edges. Just like life should be.

Read My Review

3. Baader Meinhoff Komplex



A fast and furious detailed history of the Red Army Fraction, squeezing 10 years into two and a half hours and doing it well.

Read My Review

2. Lust Caution



On the 6th January last year we though we'd seen number one already. Almost but not quite. I held my breath all the way through this excellent film.

Read My Review

1. No Country For Old Men



A botched plot and a botched ending but still gripping. What do you expect, it's the Coen's, it's got to be number one.

Read My Review

No comments:

Post a Comment