Friday 12 September 2008

Self-harm

Finally get the bike out, for the one and only time this week. It's actually quite a pleasant morning for a ride, for once.

It must be a slow news day because today we treated to the nugget that sharing a bed with someone could temporarily reduce your brainpower. Particularly, they say, if you are a man but both sexes had a more disturbed night's sleep when they shared their bed. Err... well obviously... They went to the trouble of giving them tests to do in the morning and the men fared worse, with their results suggesting they had more disturbed sleep. Hmmm, or probably their minds were simply elsewhere.

Did you know that 43 per cent of all statistics are made up on the spot... along with silly surveys I assume?

We've been looking to get MD into a training class, just standard obedience, not agility yet. L has volunteered to take him, which sounds a bit rash of her. It could be stressful for all concerned and could threaten the AF status of Mondays, which is when the classes are.

Time heals all wounds as they say. She originally started taking Doggo when he was a pup but after awhile I took over. I recall taking chews and toys to keep Doggo occupied, so that he wouldn't eat the furniture or the other dog owners and he didn’t start obedience training until he was 8 months old. MD is only 5 months old...

I'm out with the lads from university this evening. Although its perhaps not a good idea to leave L. She says she's so stressed that she's on the 'sod it' diet tonight. I think she might self-harm herself with a tub of Ben & Jerry's.

A chap we haven't seen for around five years shows up for our night out. It's amazing how much someone can age in only five years; I hope that doesn't happen to me.

After several pints, I doss down at a friend's house. I get a text from home, L says someone is howling and keeping the household awake. I wish Daughter wouldn't keep doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment