Monday 21 January 2008

Blue Monday

Apparently today is Blue Monday, the most depressing day of the year. Presumably the people who decided that must have driven down the A52 this morning. Yep the traffic is hell.

Apparently the combination of the winter weather, short days, post-Christmas blues, together with those huge Christmas credit card bills turning up in the post and the breaking of all those new years resolutions make today the most miserable of the year. So today is a good day to have an exam, like Daughter has.

Personally though I don't feel at all miserable. I like the winter weather although it's clearly not wintry enough, I don't make resolutions, and I'm positively ecstatic that Christmas is out of the way for another year. On top of that we've just had a pleasant weekend away and I have two skiing holidays to look forward to. Over the weekend I have booked us two cottages, one in Glencoe in February, we're hoping the Scottish snow lasts and one in Austria at Easter. Bring it on.

In the evening I take Doggo training. The trainer only sets out nine jumps and nothing else. Which means there's a lot of running involved which isn't his strong point. Despite that it goes well and we have a good session, working on our tight turns. We both return home knackered, collecting L on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment